Ripley Power and Light offers several ways to pay your utility bill each month.
You can pay your bill online. Click here to be taken to our secure server to make your payment online.
Through Bank Draft
The easiest way to pay your utility bill each month is through bank draft.
- We send your bank the amount you owe on your electric bill.
- We send you a copy of your bill.
- The bank deducts the amount from your savings or checking account on the day your bill is due.
- You don’t have to pay for postage, take the time to drive to one of our offices, or worry about being late with your payment.
To sign up for bank draft, please stop by our Ripley or Halls location.
Customers who prefer to keep track of their electric usage or pay a smaller deposit can opt for the Prepay Program.
The program works like this:
- To get started, you pay a $60 deposit and an initial minimum of $50 worth of electricity. New customers will have a $20 connect fee.
- Current customers who want to switch to Prepay can use their current deposit to offset the $60 deposit and $20 transfer fee. Current customers also must have all of their electric bills paid before they can start on the program.
- Your electric use is deducted from the amount of electricity you purchased.
- When the amount on the account is low, it’s up to you to buy more electricity. You can add $20 or more to your account as often as you need. You must use the kiosk if you choose to pay less than $20.
- Each morning, you’ll receive an email or a text message telling you the balance on the prepaid account.
- You can pay for electricity online with a credit card, at either of our 24-hour kiosk locations (located in our second drive-through lane) or in person at the Ripley or Halls office. You can pay any way you would normally pay your electric bill.
- If the account empties and is in the negative as the day begins, your electricity will be disconnected at 1 p.m. This gives you time to put money into your account.
You can mail your payment in the envelope that comes with your bill. Make sure you enclose the bottom portion of your bill. Prepaid customers must include the account number and location number with payment.
Visit 150 S. Main St. in Ripley or 409 S. Church St. in Halls. Both offices are open 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday. Both locations also have a night deposit box. When paying in person or making a night deposit, make sure you bring or include the bottom portion of your bill.
Use the secure deposit boxes at our Ripley and Halls locations.
24-Hour Bill Pay with Kiosk
Make your payment through a secure, bill payment machine located in the drive-through lanes at our Ripley and Halls offices. The machines, also called kiosks, accept several types of credit cards, as well as cash. Cash will need to be in even amounts, such as $1, $5 or $20; the kiosk will not give change. Any extra money, however, will be applied to your account.
Ripley Power and Light offers a customized key tag to prepaid customers that you can swipe to access your account through the kiosk. You can also enter your address and account number to pull it up or scan the bar code on the back of your bill. Download our step-by-step kiosk payment guide.
The kiosks also have the capability to accept payments for other companies. Businesses interested in using the kiosks can contact Mike Allmand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 731-635-2323.
Help Your Neighbors in Need
Ripley Power and Light’s Plus One Program helps those in need pay their utility bills. You can contribute to the program by a one-time donation or through your monthly utility bill. We administer the program at no cost. Call us to sign up for the Plus One Program.